Most of us have done this, if we are honest. Honest with ourselves. You don’t have to admit to anyone else. I have met the enemy. Ta da!
Anyone who has ever struggled with their weight knows that we often tell ourselves little lies and make up secret rules. We don’t tell others about this thought process. It would surely be too humiliating.
We also come up with little ways to hide the overeating that we have done. We are very creative in this endeavor. Our ability to hide these little secrets would make a spy proud.
Here are just a few of the little unspoken rules:
- If no one saw us eat it, it never happened.
- If we eat our cookies with skim milk, we have made a healthy choice.
- If we buy a diet soda with our fast food meal, it won’t be so bad.
- If we eat very quickly, we won’t feel bad about it afterward. Plus, if we aren’t caught in this process, rule one applies.
- Doughnut holes have no calories.
- If I eat…
View original post 727 more words